Share on Facebook
- Posted by miketeye on March 26, 2008
I recently installed VS 2008 on my windows XP SP2 box to checkout the new features everyone has been talking about. The installation went smoothly to completion, but I had problems getting the web designer to work for any web site/web application project I created with VS 2008. I had the same experience on my Dell laptop running Vista. After many hours of trying to figure out the problem and also googling for similar experiences, I realised there was very little material on the problem available online.
Although the symptons were similar, the underlying causes and solutions are totally different.
While trying to fix the windows XP version of the problem, I came across this .Net forum post
which offered some suggestions for the Vista problem. I got home and tried it and it fixed the Vista version of the problem.
The following morning I googled again with a few variations of my search and found a post here
which addressed the XP version of the problem. I was surprised at how simple the solution was, after spending so much time installing and uninstalling components of VS 2008.
I hope this post helps someone out sooner than the time I spent fixing this issue.